Kitchens might just be the part of the home that deserves the most attention when you’re cleaning. If the area where you’re cooking and eating isn’t spick and span, there isn’t much hope for staying healthy. Luckily, there’s a lot of tricks to make cleaning your kitchen a quick and easy task.
Small and large appliances alike are often overlooked when the kitchen is being sanitized. It’s easy to forget about the inside of your blender or garbage disposal when there are more obvious spills on the counter or crumbs on the floor. Here are a few tips for getting those appliances sparkling once again; keep these up your sleeve for a super spotless kitchen.
- After using your blender, fill it halfway with water and add a few drops of dish soap then turn it back on. It’s self-cleaning! Here are a few recipes you can try out using the blender you might have even been avoiding because it was too hard to keep washed.
- Use salt and half a lemon to scrub cutting boards. No more vegetables that taste faintly like dish soap!
- Loosen up dried-on grime in the inside of your microwave by using it to heat up wet paper towels. The humidity will make it easier to wipe out all that caked-on food. Try out these microwave mug cake recipes with no fear of overflow!
- Soak stove grates in ammonia overnight to de-grease. No scrubbing required!
- Since you can’t use soap to clean a cast-iron pan without ruining the non-stick surface, use salt to scrub out any tough leftovers. On that note, if you happen to accidentally use the wrong soap on your cast iron pan and the seal is looking blotchy, you can use whatever kind of oil you like to re-season it. Try olive oil or coconut oil for a unique added flavor to your food.
- Keep an open box of baking soda in your refrigerator and freezer to fight odors.
- If you need to use your coffee grinder for spices, clean it out by running uncooked rice though it. Here are some alternative coffee grinder uses that you can try now that you know how to clean all of those leftovers out.
- Clean out and deodorize your garbage disposal by running ice, vinegar and water through it.
If scrubbing the kitchen isn’t really your thing, we totally understand. We are happy to work with you to build a customized cleaning plan that fits your lifestyle. If that means spending extra time making your kitchen shine like new, we’re happy to do it.