Heroes Fighting Hunger Food Drive
At Home Clean Heroes, we genuinely believe in giving back to the community. From now through the January 5th, we are collecting grocery store gift cards, canned goods and other non-perishable items on behalf of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore. In mid-January, the Home Clean Heroes team will drop off all donations at the food bank to replenish the shelves from the holidays, to then be given to families in need in the local community.
Help Us Achieve Our Goal
Our goal goal is to collect 2,000 non-perishable food items across all Home Clean Heroes locations to provide meals to families in need throughout the Hampton Roads area. Learn More about Heroes Fighting Hunger here.
How to Help Fight Hunger
Fighting Hunger doesn’t have to end with our food drive. If you’d like to help fight hunger in the area, you can check out the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore‘s website to learn about the different ways you can get involved throughout the entire year.
Recommendations from the Foodbank
Here is a list of items that are most needed at the Foodbank*:
- Grocery store gift cards
- Lean canned protein: peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans
- Fruits and vegetables: canned fruits and vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice, fruit preserves, dried fruit
- Whole grains: cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers
- Meals: soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta
- Baby products: formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
*low fat, low sodium low sugar products preferred
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutrition labels intact
- Check dates (items can be up to 6 months past printed date)