2021 Heroes Fighting Hunger Food Drive
At Home Clean Heroes, we genuinely believe in giving back to the community. From mid-November through the end of December, we will be collecting grocery store gift cards, canned goods and other non-perishable items on behalf of the Golden Harvest Food Bank. Customers can print out this flyer and leave it on the counter with any items you’d like to donate on the day of your next service. During the first week of January, the Home Clean Heroes team will drop off the canned goods at the food bank to replenish the shelves from the holidays, to then be given to families in need in the local community.
Our system-wide goal is to collect 2,000 non-perishable food items across all of our Home Clean Heroes locations, which will provide meals to families in need. Each year we surpass the previous year’s donations, so we are confident we’ll be able to achieve this goal with the help of our customers! Check out our progress on the corporate Heroes Fighting Hunger page.
How to Help
If you’d like to help fight hunger in the area, check out the Golden Compass Food Bank’s website to learn about the different ways you can get involved.
Here is a list of items that are most needed at the food bank*:
- Low sodium canned vegetables
- No sugar added canned fruit
- Canned meats & seafood
- Nuts and nut butters, especially low-sugar or no-sugar options
- Low sugar jams and jellies
- Whole grain pasta and rice
- Whole grain cereal and oats
- Dried beans, peas and lentils
- Other nutritious foods (preferably healthy, whole grain, low-sodium and low-sugar products)
*low fat, low sodium low sugar products preferred
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutrition labels intact
- Check dates (items can be up to 6 months past printed date)