Help us Reach our Goal of 250 Food Items Collected
At Home Clean Heroes, we genuinely believe in giving back to the community. Now until December 31, 2018, we’re collecting grocery store gift cards, canned goods and other non-perishable items on behalf of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore.
We’re making amazing progress! Less than two weeks into our Heroes Fighting Hunger effort and we’ve already collected over 150 food items. We can’t thank our customers enough for their generosity! Read on for how you can help us meet our goal of collecting 250 food items by December 31.
How to Help
If you’d like to help us fight hunger in the area, simply leave your contribution on your kitchen counter the day of your next HCH service. Be sure to notate it’s for our food drive, or leave this flyer out along with your donation. After our grime-fighters have knocked out any dust bunnies in your home, they’ll add your food items to our collection.
All items will be taken to the Foodbank the first week of January, to help them restock their shelves after the holidays.
Here is a list of items that are most needed at the Foodbank*:
- Grocery store gift cards
- Lean canned protein: peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans
- Fruits and vegetables: canned fruits and vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice, fruit preserves, dried fruit
- Whole grains: cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers
- Meals: soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta
- Baby products: formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
*low fat, low sodium low sugar products preferred
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutrition labels intact
- Check dates (items can be up to 6 months past printed date)