2020 Heroes Fighting Hunger Food Drive
At Home Clean Heroes, we genuinely believe in giving back to the community. From mid-November through the end of December, we will be collecting grocery store gift cards, canned goods and other non-perishable items on behalf of local food banks in the areas in which we serve. Customers can print out this flyer and leave it on the counter with any items you’d like to donate on the day of your next service. During the first week of January, the Home Clean Heroes team will drop off the canned goods at the food bank to replenish the shelves from the holidays, to then be given to families in need in the local community.
Tracking Our Progress
Our goal is to collect 1,000 non-perishable food items across all of our Home Clean Heroes locations, which will provide meals to families in need. In January we will drop off the items donated by customers at the food bank.
Check out how each of our locations is doing!
How to Help Fight Hunger
Fighting Hunger doesn’t have to end with our food drive. If you’d like to help fight hunger in your area, you can provide non-perishable food items to a local food bank in your area. Here are some recommended items to help feed families in need.
Here is a list of items that are most needed at the Food Bank*:
- Grocery store gift cards
- Lean canned protein: peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans
- Fruits and vegetables: canned fruits and vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice, fruit preserves, dried fruit
- Whole grains: cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers
- Meals: soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta
- Baby products: formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
*low fat, low sodium low sugar products preferred
Food Bank Donation Tips
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutrition labels intact
- Check dates (items can be up to 6 months past printed date)