2018 Heroes Fighting Hunger Food Drive
At Home Clean Heroes, we genuinely believe in giving back to the community. From mid-November through the end of December, we collected grocery store gift cards, canned goods and other non-perishable items on behalf of the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore.
Tracking Our Progress
Big news! Our goal was to collect 250 items, which we well surpassed. We were able to deliver over 300 pounds of food to the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, which equates to 260 meals for local families! We can’t thank our customers enough for their generosity.
How to Help
If you’d like to help fight hunger in the area, check out the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore‘s website to learn about the different ways you can get involved.
Here is a list of items that are most needed at the Foodbank*:
- Grocery store gift cards
- Lean canned protein: peanut butter, tuna, chicken, turkey, beans
- Fruits and vegetables: canned fruits and vegetables, pasta sauce, 100% fruit juice, fruit preserves, dried fruit
- Whole grains: cereal, pasta, oatmeal, rice, crackers
- Meals: soups, stews, boxed meals, canned pasta
- Baby products: formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
*low fat, low sodium low sugar products preferred
- Non-perishable food
- Non-breakable containers
- Nutrition labels intact
- Check dates (items can be up to 6 months past printed date)