If you are anything like me, these scenarios may sound familiar: “This is the year I’m going to get a head start on getting gifts, so I can relax and enjoy the holiday season.” Or, “I’m going to give really thoughtful gifts this year and avoid the last-minute chaos of buying anything just to give something.” Also, if you are anything like me, you may make these promises but as the holiday decorations go up, you realize you haven’t yet gotten a single gift and may start to panic. Don’t worry, Home Clean Heroes has you covered.
After all the trials and tribulations that 2020 has brought us, we’ve rounded up some can’t miss gifts for practically everyone on your list.
Gifts for The Sentimental Person in Your Life
If you, or your intended recipient is sentimental (and let’s face it, who isn’t) consider one of these favorites:
- A photo calendar – With COVID-19 keeping many families apart most of the year, why not create a calendar filled with family favorite photos? Fill it with pictures of loved ones, and you can even mark important dates so the whole family will remember Grandma’s birthday. You can find many easy options online at Shutterfly, Snapfish or even Vista Print, to name a few.
- A custom poster or print, with coordinates from a specific place, such as a first home, or a poster of the stars from a day in time, such as a wedding. Here’s a gift that will be adored for years to come and just might take the place of honor over the mantel.
- Why not give a custom quilt or blanket made out of sentimental t-shirts? Great for athletes, graduates, travel enthusiasts, just about anyone! The hardest part will be sneaking the t-shirts out of the house! com is one site that provides this service.
Gift Ideas for the Experience Lover
If experiences are more your (or the recipient’s) style, there are a ton of great ideas (that don’t include attending sporting events or concerts, because, you know, COVID):
- Murder Mystery Games – whether it’s a board game purchased at a store, or one of the subscription boxes that keeps the mystery going for several months, this is something your own Nancy Drew will definitely enjoy!
- Interactive Cooking Classes – many local independent chefs offer nights where they will come to your home and prepare dinner for you and a few friends. Many offer an interactive version where everyone helps in the fun. It’s a great way to learn a new technique and maybe add a recipe or two to your repertoire.
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunts – it’s fun for the whole family, or a twist on the usual date night. Check out com or another similar site to find different themed adventures in your area.
The gift of time. It’s the one thing everyone complains they don’t have enough of. For someone who is time starved, why not consider one of these to give them some much needed time back in their everyday.
- House cleaning gift certificate from Home Clean Heroes – trust us, the intended recipient won’t think you are implying their house is full of dust bunnies (even if it actually is). Especially during these times, who wants to spend their weekends on housework? Give the gift of a clean home so the recipient can get back to what really matters most to them! Have a little extra cash? Throw in a gift certificate for a manicure so she can really get pampered while the house gets cleaned!
- Other home maintenance gift certificates – let’s face it, maintaining a home takes up a lot of time. Think outside the (gift) box and provide the gift that helps open up weekends for more free time. Aside from house cleaning, you can provide a gift card for virtually any household chore. Pool needs some TLC? Go to our sister brand, Pool Scouts, to ensure their pool isn’t a (belly) flop. Lawn Service providers, window cleaners, even holiday light installers (and removers). Anything that you can give to help free up the recipient’s “down” time so they really can take a moment for themselves on the weekends. Even better – maybe add in some of their favorite coffee so they can enjoy it while someone else does the work!
- Meal Delivery kit gift certificates – who has time to shop and prepare dinner? Try giving a meal delivery kit (or a gift certificate for one) where all the ingredients are included, no shopping in masks required and the meals can even be prepared while wearing PJs! That’s a win-win! The most popular companies include Hello Fresh, Blue Apron or Sun Basket, to name a few.
Bonus: I recently received this inspirational book, This Just Speaks To Me by Hoda Kotb as a gift for my birthday. It’s filled with 365 inspirational quotes and stories that are quick reads, and are inspiring and uplifting. It’s a great way to the start each day!
Regardless of the gift, the old cliché “it’s the thought that counts” rings true, especially in these times. On behalf of all of us at Home Clean Heroes, we hope you and your loved ones have a happy and healthy holiday season!