As the crisp autumn breeze sets in and the holiday season approaches, there’s no better time to embark on a fall cleaning adventure. Preparing your home for the holidays is not just about decorations and turkey recipes; it’s about creating a clean and cozy environment for your family and guests to enjoy. To help you get started, we’ve put together the ultimate fall cleaning checklist!
Clean and Store Outdoor Furniture
Before the colder months arrive, it’s essential to give your outdoor furniture some TLC. Start by treating any stains on the cushions, then clean and store the furniture in a safe and dry area. This will help preserve your furniture’s longevity and keep it in top condition for when warmer days return.
Wash Exterior and Interior Windows
A sparkling view can make a world of difference. Begin with the outside of your windows using a window cleaner and microfiber towel, removing any lingering pollen and dust from summer. Once you move inside, dust the blinds, then repeat the process with cleaner and a towel to make those windows shine.
Dust and Reverse Ceiling Fans
If you have been running your ceiling fans all summer like most of us do, it’s time to give them a good clean. Start by dusting with a clean, dry microfiber towel and for those taller ceilings, use a long duster to reach. While you’re up there, look for a small switch to reverse the direction of your fan. This helps redirect the heated air to go downward during the chillier days to keep your house warmer.
Declutter and Organize
As summer ends and fall begins, switching over your wardrobe is essential. Start by taking all items out and setting aside the summer pieces. Once you have your clothes separated by season, take the summer pile and put in a storage bin. Take out your winter clothes, such as sweaters and coats, and put them in your closet to prepare you for the autumnal weather!
During the summer months, you are busy traveling and enjoying those warm days. You can forget to keep your living space properly cleaned, which makes deep cleaning essential for those fall and winter months. Home Clean Heroes likes to start with the farthest room and work down, and we think you should too!
- Dust your ceiling fans, TVs, entertainment centers, and bookshelves.
- Once you’ve dusted, vacuum the floors (if you need tips on the best practice for cleaning your floors, check out our recent blog for maintaining specific types of flooring).
- Finally, vacuum your couch and cushions.
- Wipe down all the surfaces including countertops and cabinet doors with a multi-purpose spray.
- Vacuum and mop the kitchen floors.
- Give your refrigerator a good clean by clearing out any old food and taking everything out. Spray down the inside with a multi-purpose spray and wipe it down inside and out.
- Spray your stove with oven cleaner, wait for 10 minutes, then wipe it down for a sparkling finish.
- Dust, vacuum, and organize your guest bedrooms to prepare for potential guests.
- Bring out any heavier blankets for those cold nights.
- Vacuum and mop the bathroom floors.
- Scrub and clean your shower and tub with bathroom cleaner in any guest bathroom.
- Ensure you’re well stocked on bathroom supplies and consider adding some festive fall decor to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Get Your Living Spaces Holiday Ready
With the holidays on the horizon, you need to get your living spaces such as your living room and dining areas ready for festive gatherings. Set the table with your best dinnerware, tablecloths, and candles. Make sure you have enough seating and space for everyone to enjoy memorable meals together! Make your living room cozy by switching out lighter blankets with heavier ones, displaying fall-themed pillows and decor, and putting out your favorite fall candles!
Home Clean Heroes is here for all your pre and post-holiday cleaning this fall. Call 844-439-4376 today to learn more about our cleaning services so you can focus your time on what matters!